Our Sufficiency!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. How do you respond - to the accusations of the devil when it comes that you have no right to spread the gospel; Or your own feelings of inadequacy; Or when you feel the pressure that you have to be the one to make that situation right? The Bible says that:

Primary Text: 2 Corinthians 3v5-6
“Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the Spirit: for the letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life.” 2 Corinthians 3v5-6 (KJV)

“Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant – not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.” 2 Corinthians 3v5-6 (NIV)

“It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. He has enabled us to be ministers of His new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.” 2 Corinthians 3v5-6 (NLT)

Who called you, someone may ask you? I know your past, I know where you have been? Who gives you the right to talk about God – the accusations of the devil may say, resounding in your ears. Do you know what the response is dearly beloved? My sufficiency is of God. He called me. He has made me a new creature. He has justified me. I have peace with God. And He has enabled me to be a minister of the new covenant. Hallelujah!

Supplementary Text:
“For I am the least [worthy] of the apostles, who am not fit or deserving to be called an apostle, because I once wronged and pursued and molested the church of God [oppressing it with cruelty and violence]. But by the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not [found to be] for nothing (fruitless and without effect). In fact, I worked harder than all of them [the apostles], though it was not really I, but the grace (the unmerited favor and blessing) of God which was with me.” 1 Corinthians 15v9&10

“THEREFORE, SINCE we are justified (acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). Through Him also we have [our] access (entrance, introduction) by faith into this grace (state of God’s favor) in which we [firmly and safely] stand. And let us rejoice and exult in our hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God.” Romans 5v1&2 (AMP)

“I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are My friends, since I have told you everything the Father told Me. You didn’t choose Me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using My name. This is My command: Love each other.” John 15v15-17 (NLT).

“I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.” 1 Corinthians 3v6&7

The other side of the story is when you yourself begin to say, well I can’t do this, I am unable to do this, I am not equipped to do this e.t.c., then you remember, I didn’t choose myself, God chose me. And He is with me. My sufficiency is not of myself, but of God. And finally, let’s remember that it is God who gives the increase, we sow, we plant, but He gives the increase – that definitely should shoot pride down and take the pressure off! Have a great weekend.

Prayer
Dear Lord, thank You so much for Your word. Thank You for choosing us to be Your friends, and ordaining us to go and bring forth fruit. Thank You Lord for our sufficiency is not of ourselves. Thank You for qualifying us when others would have disqualified us. Thank You for giving the increase. We shoot pride down today and give all glory to Your name in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts