His Life in Me

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for the life of Christ in us. The Bible tells us that:

Primary Text: Romans 8v10
“And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.” Romans 8v10 (KJV)

“But if Christ lives in you, [then although] your [natural] body is dead by reason of sin and guilt, the spirit is alive because of [the] righteousness [that He imputes to you].” Romans 8v10 (AMP)

“And Christ lives within you, so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives you life because you have been made right with God.” Romans 8v10 (NLT)

“Your body will always be dead because of sin. But if Christ is in you, then the Spirit gives you life, because Christ made you right with God.” Romans 8v10 (NCV)

We thank God for the life we live as believers. It’s a life where we have right standing with God. Remember “And this is life eternal, that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent” (John 17v3). It’s a life whereby we are dead, but Christ lives in us. It’s a life of adherence to, reliance on and complete trust in the Son of God, Who loved us and gave Himself for us. What does this look like? It’s not a life of following the law and of rituals, for then Christ died in vain. “When we are in Christ Jesus, it is not important if we are circumcised or not. The important thing is faith – the kind of faith that works through love.” (Galatians 5v6, NCV). It’s a life of grace.

Supplementary Text:
“I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and have Himself up for me. [Therefore, I do not treat God’s gracious gift as something of minor importance and defeat its very purpose]; I do not set aside and invalidate and frustrate and nullify the grace (unmerited favor) of God. For if justification (righteousness, acquittal from guilt) comes through [observing the ritual of] the Law, then Christ (the Messiah) died groundlessly and to no purpose and in vain. [his death was then wholly superfluous.]” Galatians 2v20-21 (AMP)

“Therefore, my dear ones, as you have always obeyed [my suggestions], so now, not only [with the enthusiasm you would show] in my presence but much more because I am absent, work out (cultivate, carry out to the goal, and fully complete) your own salvation with reverence and awe and trembling (self-distrust, with serious caution, tenderness of conscience, watchfulness against temptation, timidly shrinking from whatever might offend God and discredit the name of Christ). [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight.” Philippians 2v12-13 (AMP).

“For in Him I live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also His offspring.” Acts 17v28 (KJV)

“For I am the least of all the apostles. In fact, I’m not even worthy to be called an apostle after the way I persecuted God’s church. But whatever I am now, it is all because God poured out His special favor on me – and not without results. For I have worked harder than any of the other apostles; yet it was not I but God who was working through me by His grace.” 1 Corinthians 15v9-10 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word in Jesus name, amen. Thank You for the Spirit which gives me life, because we have been made right with God. Thank You because in You we live and move and have our being in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts