The Potters Hand

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for calling us to be His. Indeed He is the Potter and we are the clay. One song says:

“Verse: Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour, I know for sure, all of my days are held in Your hands, crafted into Your perfect plan. You gently call me into Your presence guiding me by Your Holy Spirit. Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through Your eyes. I’m captured by Your holy calling, Set me apart, I know You’re drawing me to Yourself. Lead me Lord I pray.
Chorus: Take me, mold me, use me, fill me, I give my life to the Potter’s hand. Call me, guide me, lead me, walk beside me, I give my life to the Potter’s hand.” (by Darlene Zschech)

Primary Text: Isaiah 64:8
“But now, O LORD, Thou art our Father; we are the clay, and Thou our Potter; and we all are the work of Thy hand.” Isaiah 64v8 (KJV)

“And yet, O LORD, You are our Father. We are the clay, and You are the Potter. We all are formed by Your hand.” Isaiah 64v8 (NLV)

Will you trust the Potter of your life? Will you commit your life wholly into His hands and say, You are my Father, I am the clay, You are the Potter, my times are in Your hands. Would you allow Him to do to you as the Potter does, that when you do not turn out as He likes, would you allow Him to mold Him and form you as seems good to Him? Don’t be afraid of the Lord, He loves you too much. Yes times might be hard, and you may go through really rough patches, (think upon your own life), or see Joseph, Abraham, Esther, Mordecai, but it didn’t mean God wasn’t working. He is good and His mercy endureth forever. He is to be adored and reverenced, but we can always trust in His love – go to Him, fellowship with Him, go deeper! And let Him mold you as seems good to Him.

Supplementary Text:
“So I did as He told me and found the potter working at his wheel. But the jar he was making did not turn out as he had hoped, so he crushed it into a lump of clay again and started over. Then the LORD gave me this message: “O Israel, can I not do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand.” Jeremiah 18v3-6 (NLT)

“But He is in one mind, and who can turn Him? and what His soul desireth, even that He doeth. For He performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with Him. Therefore am I troubled at His presence: when I consider, I am afraid of Him.” Job 23v13-15

“The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever -- forsake not the works of Your own hands.” Psalm 138v8 (AMP)

“I will cry to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and reward me [Who brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completed them]!” Psalm 57v2 (AMP)

“And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.” Philippians 1v6 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, You are the Potter, I am the clay. Form me as seems good to You in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts