Jehovah Knows!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. God is aware of our struggles. He knows. Not is God aware of our struggles, He understands what we are going through.

Primary Text: Exodus 3v7-8
“And the LORD said, I have surely seen the affliction of My people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large, unto a land flowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites.” Exodus 3v7-8 (KJV)

“GOD said, “I’ve taken a good, long look at the affliction of My people in Egypt. I’ve heard their cries for deliverance from their slave masters; I know all about their pain. And now I have come down to help them, pry them loose from the grip of Egypt, get them out of that country and bring them to a good land with wide-open spaces, a land lush with milk and honey, the land of the Canaanite, the Hittite, the Amorite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite.” Exodus 3v7-8 (MSG)

“The LORD said, “I have seen the troubles My people have suffered in Egypt, and I have heard their cries when the Egyptian slave masters hurt them. I am concerned about their pain, and I have come down to save them from the Egyptians. I will bring them out of that land and lead them to a good land with lots of room – a fertile land. It is the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites.” Exodus 3v7-8 (NCV)

While the Israelites were going through the sufferings, Moses was already being prepared, and then called. Jesus came to the earth, as the Savior, a plan that had been put in place since the foundation of the world (see 1 Peter 1:20). But when He came, the people didn’t recognize Him, not understanding this was God’s plan. One author speaking of God as Jehovah Jireh, writes that:

“He revealed Himself to Abraham as Jehovah Jireh – “the Lord who sees.” In contemporary terms, this phrase translates as, “God will see to it.” It’s a name that speaks of provision. We see this meaning illustrated in a later verse in the same chapter: “And Bethuel begat Rebekah” (22:23). Let me explain the connection here. At the very moment Abraham was raising the knife over Isaac, his brother Bethuel was raising the girl whom God would eventually give to Isaac as a wife. It’s as if the Holy Spirit were telling Abraham, “Yes, I have preserved the promise of your seed by saving your son. Yet I also have provided for your seed. Your brother has already given birth to the girl Isaac will marry.” Isaac wouldn’t meet Rebekah for another several years down the road. But this passage proves the nature of Jehovah Jireh, the provider: even before we call out to Him, our God answers. Long before we’re even born, He’s at work forming and shaping the circumstances of our lives” (David Wilkerson, Hallowed be Thy Names, 2001:28).
God is always working, though we may be unaware of how He is doing it or what He is doing. Once, Israel was saying, God has forgotten me. You know what the Lord responded?

Supplementary Text:
“Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted His people, and will have mercy upon His afflicted. But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and My Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of My hands; thy walls are continually before Me.” Isaiah 49v13-16 (KJ V).

Are you feeling left out today? God has not forgotten you, He loves you, He waits for you to be gracious to you.

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I thank You because You are aware of everything I am going through, and that You are my Jehovah Jireh. Thank You for You are working all things together for my good because I love You and I am called according to Your purpose in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts