Pray, Pray, Pray ☺

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. One of the most effective weapons that the believer has is prayer. The Lord told His disciples “Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak” (Mark 14v38). Ephesians 6v18 says:

Primary Text: Ephesians 6:18
“Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, … :” Ephesians 6v18 (KJV)

“Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prater and entreaty...” Ephesians 6v18 (AMP)

“Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion….” Ephesians 6v18 (NLT)

“In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long….” Ephesians 6v18 (MSG)

“Pray in the Spirit at all times with all kinds of prayers, asking for everything you need….” Ephesians 6v18 (NCV)

When you are worried, what should you do? Pray. When you are happy, pray, giving thanks to the Lord. Prayer is communicating with God, and it is so important in the life of the believer. Whatever the situation is, pray about it. Don’t keep worrying, just take it to the Lord in prayer. You can pray for all things, and about everything. Cast your cares on the Lord, He cares for you (1 Peter 5v7); “Is any thing too hard for the LORD?...” (Genesis 18v14). We should also remember to be thankful, thanking Him for all that He has done and continues to do. Praising Him because He is worthy. “Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name.” (Psalm 100v4). Talk it over with the Lord, “Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is a refuge for us (a fortress and a high tower). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!” (Psalm 62v8, AMP).

Supplementary Text:
“Pray without ceasing.” 1 Thessalonians 5v17 (KJV)

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4v6-7 (NLT)

“One day Jesus told His disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up. “There was a judge in a certain city,” He said, “who neither feared God nor cared about people. A widow of that city came to him repeatedly, saying, ‘Give me justice in this dispute with my enemy.’ The judge ignored her for a while, but finally he said to himself, ‘I don’t fear God or care about people, but this woman is driving me crazy. I’m going to see that she gets justice, because she is wearing me out with her constant requests!” Then the Lord said, “Learn a lesson from this unjust judge. Even he rendered a just decision in the end. So don’t you think God will surely give justice to His chosen people who cry out to Him day and night? Will He keep putting them off? I tell you, He will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will He find on the earth who have faith?” Luke 18v1-8 (NLT)

“Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.” Romans 8v26 (KJV)

“For one who speaks in an [unknown] tongue speaks not to men but to God, for no one understands or catches his meaning, because in the [Holy] Spirit he utters secret truths and hidden things [not obvious to the understanding]…. For if I pray in an [unknown] tongue, my spirit [by the Holy Spirit within me] prays, but my mind is unproductive [it bears no fruit and helps nobody]. Then what am I to do? I will pray with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will also pray [intelligently] with my mind and understanding; I will sing with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will sing [intelligently] with my mind and understanding also.” 1 Corinthians 14v2, 14-15 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for Your Word. I thank You for the access we have to the throne room of God, and the ability to be able to pray about anything and everything. Thank You for Your eyes that are upon the righteous and Your ears that are open to our cry. We thank You for the name of Jesus. Thank You Father, Son and Holy Spirit in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts