Why You Shouldn’t Fear

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. It is amazing the number of things one can fear in this world. One can fear when one has not studied enough; one can fear when one has studied enough; one can fear going out ... So many things. It is equally interesting that one of the things God tells His children is not to be afraid, and to be of good courage. One of the basis He says this is because He is with us. The world can be so uncertain. But we have a God who is trustworthy. If you look back, you will see His mercy and His goodness has been following you. There are so many things to be thankful for. For ordering our steps, for being our guide, for keeping us in Him. He is indeed faithful. One verse which I like is this:

Primary Text: Isaiah 41v10
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am Thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.” Isaiah 41v10 (KJV)

“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” Isaiah 41v10 (AMP)

One reason why fear emerges, is because of fear of the future, what would tomorrow hold? But remember that our times are in His hands. As the Psalmist wrote: “My times are in Thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me” (Psalm 31v15). I read in a book –
“As Abram faced yet another crisis, the Lord decided once again to give His servant a fresh revelation of Himself. He wanted Abram to be fully persuaded of His faithfulness. So, scripture says, “When Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before Me, and be thou perfect” (Genesis 17:1). The Hebrew phrase for “Almighty God” here is El Shaddai. The literal meaning of this name is “God, all-powerful and all-sufficient.” What an incredible revelation for Abram to receive at this time. God was speaking very personally to His servant here, saying, “Abram, you already know I have power over every condition in your life. I’ve convinced you that I’m in control of all things – that there are no accidents in your life, no situations that are merely fate or luck. I am the head, the chief, the boss of all creation – and My word is eternal. Now I’m going to tell you something else about My nature that you need to understand to continue in faith. “I am not only in control of all things – but I also keep My word. No obstacle can keep My word from coming to pass. I’m not bound by the laws of nature or fettered by any man. I can do anything at any time. There are no mountains too high for Me, no valleys too low, no rivers or oceans too wide. I’m supreme above the power of all nature, men and devils. When I say something is going to be done, it’s already done. Nothing can stop My promise. I am El Shaddai – all-powerful, all-sufficient keeper of My promises. I guarantee My word” (Wilkerson, David. Hallowed be Thy Names. 2001:20-21).
What So my dear friend, take a deep breath, say a prayer and release the stress and fears to the Lord, and don't worry.

Supplementary Text:
“For the Lord spoke thus to me with His strong hand [upon me], and warned and instructed me not to walk in the way of this people, saying, Do not call conspiracy [or hard, or holy] all that this people will call conspiracy [or hard, or holy]; neither be in fear of what they fear, nor [make others afraid and] in dread. The Lord of hosts -- regard Him as holy and honor His holy name [by regarding Him as your only hope of safety], and let Him be your fear and let Him be your dread [lest you offend Him by your fear of man and distrust of Him].” Isaiah 8v11-13 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for Your Word. I thank You because You are with me, I have no need to fear. Blessed be Your holy name forevermore in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts