Peter (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. The life of Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ (1 Peter 1v1) also demonstrates a lesson in obedience.

Primary Text
“And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon Him to hear the word of God, He stood by the lake of Gennesaret, And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. And He entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And He sat down, and taught the people out of the ship. Now when He had left speaking, He said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. And Simon answering said unto Him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at Thy word I will let down the net. And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.” Luke 5v1-6 (KJV)

Simon allowed Jesus to use his boat as an instrument for ministry. I am reminded of the boy with five loaves and two fish who gave it to be used to feed thousands. What is the “little” you have that the Lord is asking to use? Next, he obeyed Jesus’ instructions to let down the net again. He said Master, we have toiled all night and caught nothing, but at Thy Word I will let down the net. Perhaps you have toiled so long at something – a project, in prayer, in fasting, in work, in faith, doing all you know how … and God says believe Me, try again, keep praying, keep believing. You can say Lord, I have exhausted myself in doing this, but at Thy Word, I will try again. God is faithful. His Word is true, and He says “…it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.” (Isaiah 55v11, AMP)

Supplementary Text
“His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.” Luke 5v5 (KJV)

Father, here I am, use me in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts