Obedience!

Hello everyone,

How are you today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Who were chosen and foreknown by God the Father and consecrated (sanctified, made holy) by the Spirit to be obedient to Jesus Christ (the Messiah)…” 1 Peter 1v2 (AMP)

As many as are the children of God, and belong to Christ Jesus, have His Holy Spirit. We have been set apart to be obedient to Jesus Christ. We are able to say yes Lord. John 10v27-28 says: “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.” But those who are carnally minded, cannot obey God, neither can they please Him. But those who belong to Christ Jesus, have His Spirit within them. “And those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah) have crucified the flesh (the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires. If we live by the [Holy] Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. [If by the Holy Spirit we have our life in God, let us go forward walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.]” (Galatians 5v24-25, AMP). With the Spirit of God, we have the power to obey God. Jesus set an example of obedience, saying “And He that sent Me is with Me: the Father hath not left Me alone; for I do always those things that please Him.” (John 8v29). Jesus did the works of the Father, and pleased the Father, even to laying His life down for us (John 10v17). He said “If ye love Me, keep My commandments.” (John 14v15, KJV). Do you love the Lord today?

Supplementary Text
“Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at His coming. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as He who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1v13-16 (NIV)

Father, I thank You. Please let my love for You increase, and help me to be obedient to You always in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts