Grace

Hello everyone,

How are you today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“…. May God give you more and more grace …” 1 Peter 1v2 (NLT)

Moses said to the Lord “For wherein shall it be known here that I and Thy people have found grace in Thy sight? Is it not in that Thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and Thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.” (Exodus 33v16). For this, we can see that one manifestation of the grace of God with a person is His presence with the person. His presence sets us apart, distinguishes us. The children of Israel continuously won many battles they fought when God was with them, fighting for them (see Joshua 10). They initially lost the battle with Ai when sin was found among them, and God was angry with them (Joshua 7). Acts 10v38 says “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him.” Mark 16v20 speaks of how the Lord worked with the disciples as they preached the gospel, and signs followed. When the ark of the LORD was in the house of Obed-edom, God blessed him, and all his household (2 Samuel 6v12). God was with Joseph and prospered the work of his hands and blessed Potiphar, his Egyptian master because of him (Genesis 39v3). Of Saul, it was said “But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.” (1 Samuel 16v14). Because Saul rejected the word of the LORD, he was rejected as king (1 Samuel 15v22). The LORD says “… for them that honor Me I will honour, and they that despise Me, shall be lightly esteemed.” (1 Samuel 2v30). Do you want to experience His grace and His presence, honour Him.

Supplementary Text
“Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41v10 (NLT)

Father, in anyway I have lightly esteemed You, I repent. Father, let Your grace abound toward me more and more in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts