The Blood!

Hello everyone,

How are you today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and His Spirit has made you holy. As a result, you have obeyed Him and have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ…” 1 Peter 1v2 (NLT)

We thank God for Jesus, His death, His resurrection, and the shedding of His blood for us. In the Old Testament, we are told of how the Israelites had to keep bringing offerings of animals for the cleansing of sin. “But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sin. (Hebrews 10v3, NIV). Hebrews 9v22 (NIV) says “In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.” But Jesus came, and died, once and for all, and shed His blood for us. “Romans 3v25 (NLT) tells us “For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed His life, shedding His blood…” This blood being from “… Him who loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood.” (Revelations 1v5). And the blood continues to cleanse us, even when we sin and confess it to God. 1 John 1v7 (AMP) saying: “But if we [really] are living and walking in the Light, as He [Himself] is in the Light, we have [true, unbroken] fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses (removes) us from all sin and guilt [keeps us cleansed from sin in all its forms and manifestations].” Hallelujah!!! Do you believe that Jesus sacrificed His life for you and shed His blood and His blood cleanses you from sin?

Supplementary Text
“It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. Therefore, when Christ came into the world, He said: “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but a body You prepared for Me; with burnt offerings and sin offerings You were not pleased. Then I said, ‘Here I am – it is written about Me in the scroll – I have come to do Your will, My God.’” Hebrews 10v4-7 (NIV)

Father, I thank You for the blood of Jesus.


And perhaps you have never accepted nor acknowledged the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross, nor accepted Him as your Lord and personal Saviour, and you want to have a relationship with Him. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts