DISOBEDIENCE

Hello everyone, How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Primary Text “And, “He is the stone that makes people stumble, the rock that makes them fall.” They stumble because they do not obey God’s word, and so they meet the fate that was planned for them.” 1 Peter 2v8 (NLT) “And, A Stone that will cause stumbling and a Rock that will give [men] offense; they stumble because they disobey and disbelieve [God’s] Word, as those [who reject Him] were destined (appointed to do].” 1 Peter 2v8 (AMP) Obedience is paramount to God. In Deuteronomy 28v1-2 (NIV) says “If you full obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all His commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God:” And verses 3 to 14 gives a list of such blessings. Verse 15 says “However, if you do not obey the LORD your God and do not carefully follow all His commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:” Verses 16 to 68 goes on to list such curses. Saul was told by Samuel that “What pleases the LORD more: burnt offerings and sacrifices or obedience to His voice? It is better to obey than to sacrifice. It is better to listen to God than to offer the fat of sheep. Disobedience is as bad as the sin of sorcery. Pride is as bad as the sin of worshiping idols. You have rejected the LORD’s command. Now He rejects you as king.” (1 Samuel 15v22-23, NIV). Child of God, are you walking in disobedience to God’s will and plan and word. Are you walking in sin so that grace will abound? Joshua was told that “Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.” (Joshua 1v8, NLT). Supplementary Text “Hear Me, My people, and I will warn you – if you would only listen to Me, Israel! You shall have no foreign god among you; you shall not worship any god other than Me. I am the LORD your God, who brought you up out of Egypt. Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. “But My people would not listen to Me; Israel would not submit to Me. So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices. “If My people would only listen to Me, if Israel would only follow My ways, how quickly I would subdue their enemies and turn My hands against their foes! Those who hate the LORD would cringe before Him, and their punishment would last forever. But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.” Psalm 81v8-16 (NIV) Heavenly Father, I thank You for Your Word. I pray for the grace to do all of Your will, all of the time in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts