I Remember

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Neither said they, Where is the LORD that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, that led us through the wilderness, through a land of deserts and of pits, through a land of drought, and of the shadow of death, through a land that no man passed through, and where no man dwelt? And I brought you into a plentiful country, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof; but when ye entered, ye defiled My land, and made Mine heritage an abomination.” Jeremiah 2v6-7.

Beloved, how good are you at remembering? I find that remembering the years of the right hand of the Lord breeds courage and loyalty. Courage in terms of when we face trials we are able to say the Lord has been my help in ages past, and He will be my hope for years to come. Like David facing Goliath, you can say “…The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, He will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine…” (1 Samuel 17v37, KJV). I find this very helpful in dealing with fear. You can say God has helped me in the past, He has never failed, He has earned the right to be trusted, I put my trust in You o God. I do not care what I see or don’t see, You are God, and You are good. It also encourages loyalty. For in Jeremiah 2v6-7 above, the Israelites were not remembering or asking after the God that had brought them out. If they had, perhaps they would not have been defiling His land. Beloved, take time to remember His deed, the work of His hands, what He did in time past for you and for others, and put your trust in Him.

Prayer

Father, forgive me for times that in my forgetfulness, I have been disloyal to You or allowed fear to creep in. I remember indeed Your deeds and all I can say is thank You. Contiune to be King in my life and to have Your way, for Your blessings they make rich and they do not add any sorrow to it, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts