Characteristics of God’s children (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love Me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of Myself, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand My speech? even because you cannot hear My word... He that is of God heareth God’s word: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.” John 8v42-43; 47 (KJV)

Not only do the children of God have a love for Jesus, His teaching and His way of doing things, they also understand His speech because they are able to hear His Word. These are people who want to hear the Word of God, and are not running away from the light of God’s Word but are fulfilling John 8v31-32 (KJV) which says “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If ye continue in My word, then are ye My disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” These are people who can also understand and hear the words of Jesus for they are born of the Spirit and have the Spirit of God. We recall that Romans 8v9 (KJV) says “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His” and John 10v27-28 (KJV) tells us “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand.” Hallelujah! Are you a child of God? Do you love Jesus? Are you willing and able to understand His words. If you do not know the Lord today and would love to have a relationship with Him, the Bible says “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10

You can say a prayer like this: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.


If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts