Our Glory

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
Look around you and see if you can find another nation anywhere that has traded in its old gods for new ones—even though their gods are nothing. Send to the west to the island of Cyprus; send to the east to the deserts of Kedar. See if anyone there has ever heard so strange a thing as this. And yet my people have given up their glorious God for silly idols!” Jeremiah 2v10-11 (TLB)

“Hath a nation changed their gods, which are yet no gods? but my people have changed their glory for that which doth not profit.” Jeremiah 2v11 (KJV)

Glory means “something that is a source of honor, fame, or admiration; a distinguished ornament or an object of pride” (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/glory?s=t). Synonyms for glory include splendor, beauty, magnificence, wonder, grandeur, and brilliance. God is our glory. He is the source of our splendor, beauty, magnificence, wonder, grandeur and brilliance, hallelujah! He is our everything. In the text above, the Lord asks, has anyone ever changed their gods? Yet Israel had changed theirs. Beloved, are you substituting the glorious God for something else – idols, people, an image, a job….? Nothing can satisfy or give you a glorious life, a life of victory like the Almighty God. In Psalm 3v1-4 (AMP), the psalmist writes: “Lord, how they are increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me. Many are saying of me, There is no help for him in God. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. With my voice I cry to the Lord, and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!” Beloved, God is a faithful and glorious God. Remain faithful to Him.

Prayer

Our Father and our God, we honour You, we worship You, we pray You will always be our glory and the lifter up of our heads in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts