Grace for Achieving Purpose

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Because of God’s grace to me, ...” 1 Corinthians 3v10-11 (NLT)

We thank God for His faithfulness in not only having a purpose for our lives, but making available great grace to let it get done. However, we might sometimes feel inadequate and not up to the task. Paul for example felt that way and in 1 Corinthians 2v3-5 (MSG) writes about when he came to tell the Corinthians about the testimony of God, saying “I was unsure of how to go about this, and felt totally inadequate – I was scared to death, if you want the truth of it – and so nothing I said could have impressed you or anyone else. But the Message came through anyway. God’s Spirit and God’s power did it, which made it clear that your life of faith is a response to God’s power, not to some fancy mental or emotional footwork by me or anyone else.” Child of God, God’s Spirit and power are available to you as well. You do not have to struggle and try to accomplish things on your own. Hebrews 4v16 exhorts us to come boldly before God’s throne of grace where we can obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 2 Corinthians 12v9-10 (AMP) also tells us of the sufficiency of His grace: “But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength).” 2 Corinthians 12v9-10 (AMP)

Prayer

Our heavenly Father, we thank You so much for everything that You are to us. Thank You Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in Jesus name we pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts