Learning from Jehoshapath

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
It came to pass after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them other beside the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle. Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Hazazontamar, which is Engedi. And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the Lord, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the Lord: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the Lord.” 2 Chronicles 20v1-4 (KJV)

Jehoshaphat was bombarded by the children of Moab, the children of Ammon, and with them other besides the Ammonites came against them. The Bible describes them as a great multitude. One army to fight is enough to make a people desolate, but these was a combined one! And Jehoshaphath feared; understandably so. But he did not remain struck by fear – he invited God, the Most High God into the situation. Beloved, what great multitude or mountain or Goliath is facing you today? What is causing fear to grip your heart? Learn from Jehoshapath – take it to the Lord in prayer. Fasting is also a strong weapon in times of trouble. Esther called the children of Israel to fast for 3 days and nights before going in to see the king when a decree for the annihilation of the Jews had gone out (Esther 3). There is help for you in God – no matter what the situation is. God is well able to handle it. Believers through the years have encountered difficulties and enemies too strong from themselves. But we learn from them to turn to the Lord. Psalm 3v1-8 (KJV) was a psalm written by David at a time when he was running from his son “Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly. Salvation belongeth unto the Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.”

Prayer
Father, You are good and Your mercy endures forever. I lift up this situation to You, people who do not know You may say You cannot help, but indeed You have been and continue to be my glory and the lifter up of my head. Salvation belongs to You, please save me, save my family and children. Give me peace all around, and let Your name alone be glorified in Jesus name, amen.





Comments

Popular Posts