Characteristics of God’s children (3)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
You are of your father, the devil, and it is your will to practice the lusts and gratify the desires [which are characteristic] of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a falsehood, he speaks what is natural to him, for he is a liar [himself] and the father of lies and of all that is false.” John 8v44 (AMP)

Beloved, who is your Father? Whose will do you find yourself practicing? The Lord Jesus in conversing with some Jews highlighted that their father was the devil, which was why they would practice the things which were characteristic of him. The reverse is therefore the case if the Almighty God, the Father of our Lord Jesus is your Father. That is, you will do the desires (wishes, longings, wants, craving, yearning, need, aspiration, wishing for, longing for, coveting) of the Father. Some of these include the salvation of souls, thanksgiving and praise. Our Father doesn’t want anyone to perish but all to come to the knowledge of God (2 Peter 3v9). Our Father would have us come before His presence with thanksgiving and into His courts with praise (Psalm 100v4). Whose child are you? Whose will are you putting into practice?

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word this day. We thank You for calling us Your children, translating us from the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. We pray we will indeed walk worthy of the calling You have called us to. We thank You and we bless Your holy name in Jesus name, amen. We ask for mercy for ways in which we have not glorified You in our lives, and pray for the grace to live lives that glorify You in Jesus name, amen.

If you do not know the Lord and are not a child of God, practicing His will, and You would love to be a child of God, the Bible says “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”  Romans 10v9-10

You can say a prayer like this: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.


If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts