No “I Got This”

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.” Proverbs 3v5-6 (AMP)

We are nothing without the Lord. Because of Him we exist, we have our being, we are fruitful. He is our everything. That is one thing the devil forgot when iniquity and pride was found in him and he wanted to be like God. He forgot that God was the Creator, and he the created. We depend on God, and rely on Him. It is easy sometimes to get to the point of “I got this” and begin to depend on our own wisdom, strength, ability, charm, experiences e.t.c. I pray we never get to the point of “I got this.” For it is not by power, nor by might, but by the Spirit of God (Zechariah 4v6). Jesus telling the disciples not to leave Jerusalem until they had been endued with power from on high (Luke 24v49). Same with us. We need the Lord – for everything, including living a successful Christian life. Our identity is found in Him. In our weakness, His strength is made perfect (2 Corinthians 12v9). This dependence on God is a major cause for joy, for we are assured of victory in everything – the Bible telling us “But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15v57). We can commit our actions to the LORD, and our plans will succeed (Proverbs 16v3, NLT). He establishes our thoughts. We move under His direction and guidance, and He always knows the best way for us to do things, and can keep us from every unforeseen danger. We don’t need to lean on our own limited abilities. Hallelujah!

Prayer

Father, I thank You for Your Word. I thank You for being my God. I commit my work into Your hands, and I thank You for You will establish my thoughts. I thank You for in You I live and move and have my being. Blessed be Your holy name forevermore in Jesus name, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts