Give Thanks

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text:
“And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.” Luke 17v12-19 (KJV)
It is important to be people who give thanks, and show gratitude – to one another, and to God. And there are so many things to be thankful for. The fact that we sleep and we wake up; for food to eat; for a roof over our heads; for Him keeping us when we go out and come in; for having good health; for having good mental health, and not suffering from depression; for having a hope and a future and knowing that because He lives we can face tomorrow; for life abundantly; for our loved ones, our families; even for the trials we go through that make us tougher; for revelation of the Word of God; for protection; for Jesus. Even when those around you are not being grateful, like the one leper who came back to give thanks to Jesus, you can stand out and be the person who is different. Psalm 50v23 (NLT) says “But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors Me. If you keep My path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God.”

Prayer
Father, I thank You so much for this day that You have made, that I can rejoice and be glad in. I thank You for Your mercies, Your favor, Your faithfulness, Your protection, Your guidance, for the fact that I am still alive today, I give You all the glory. I thank You for answered prayers, I thank You for Your hand upon my life. Blessed be Your holy name forevermore in Jesus name, amen. Lord, in anyway I have been ungrateful in the past, please forgive me and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I pray that my lips will be filled with Your praise and Your honor all the day long, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts