Psalm 91:5b!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text: Psalm 91:5
“Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;” Psalm 91v5 (KJV)

“Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrows that flies in the day.” Psalm 91v5 (NLT)

“You will not fear any danger by night or an arrow during the day.” Psalm 91v5 (NCV)

“You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,” Psalm 91v5 (AMP)

For those who are dwelling in the secret place of the Most High, and under the shadow of the Almighty, who have said of the Lord, Thou art my refuge and my fortress, my God in Him will I trust, you have no need to be afraid of the arrows of the day. An arrow is a weapon, as part of a bow, which is usually used by a person to inflict wounds on their enemy or opponent. It was during the day that Joseph’s brothers saw him and plotted evil against him; during the day that Potiphar’s wife kept tempting him. Many arrows can fly during the day, but we have no need to be afraid. Because our God is God, and He preserves us.

Supplementary Texts
“But each day the LORD pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life.” Psalm 42v8 (NLT)

“O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, Thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.” Psalm 140v7 (KJV)

“Where could I go from Your Spirit? Or where could I flee from Your presence? If I ascend up into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol (the place of the dead), behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there shall Your hand lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me and the night shall be [the only] light about me, Even the darkness hides nothing from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You.” Psalm 139v7-12 (AMP)

“He sent from above, He took me, He drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; He delivered me, because He delighted in me.” Psalm 18v16-19 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for You are my refuge, my safety, my God, I shall not be afraid of the arrow that flies by day, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts