Psalm 91:8

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord  We thank God for His mercies, His lovingkindness, His faithfulness, tender mercies. Indeed, He has been good to us.

Primary Text: Psalm 91:8
“Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.” Psalm 91v8 (AMP)

“Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.” Psalm 91v8 (KJV)

“Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished.” Psalm 91v8 (NLT)

There was a time when David was said he envied the proud, when he saw them prosper despite their wickedness, until he went into the house of the Lord, and saw their end (Psalm 73). In Malachi 3, we see people asking what profit is there in serving the Lord? But God says at the end, you will see the difference. It may look like those who have no fear of the Lord are prospering, but at a point, you will diligently consider them, and not see them anymore. The meek are those that inherit the earth. It pays to serve the Lord. Don’t let temporary pleasures lure you away from His presence. Happy Thanksgiving 

Supplementary Text
“Truly God is good to Israel, to those whose hearts are pure. But as for me, I almost lost my footing. My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone. For I envied the proud when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness. They seem to live such painless lives; their bodies are so healthy and strong. They don’t have troubles like other people; they’re not plagues with problems like everyone else… Then I went into your sanctuary, O God, and I finally understood the destiny of the wicked. Truly, You put them on a slippery path and send them sliding over the cliff to destruction. In an instant they are destroyed, completely swept away by terrors. When You arise, O Lord, You will laugh at their silly ideas as a person laughs at dreams in the morning. Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was foolish and ignorant – I must have seemed like a senseless animal to You. Yet I still belong to You; You hold my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but You? I desire You more than anything on earth. My heart may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever. Those who desert Him will perish, for You destroy those who abandon you. But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do.” (Psalm 73v1-5, 17- 28, NLT)

“You have said terrible things about Me,” says the LORD. “But you say, ‘What do You mean? What have we said against You?’ “You have said, ‘What’s the use of serving God? What have we gained by obeying His commands or trying to show the LORD of Heaven’s Armies that we are sorry for our sins? From now on we will call the arrogant blessed. For those who do evil get rich, and those who dare God to punish them suffer no harm.” Then those who feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In His presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared Him and always thought about the honor of His name. “They will be My people,” says the LORD of Heaven’s Armies. “On the day when I act in judgment, they will be My own special treasure. I will spare them as a father spares an obedient child. Then you will again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.” Malachi 3v13-17 (NLT)

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word this day. We repent of anyway our hearts have become divided and we have begun to envy the wicked, and long to be like them. Have mercy on us, forgive us for all our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness in Jesus name, amen. We pray as well for those that do not know You, for we know that You do not want any to perish but all to come to repentance. We pray Thou Lord of the harvest, that You will send laborers into the harvest, for the harvest indeed is plenteous but the laborers are few. Finally, we commit ourselves into Your hands, knowing that You are able to keep that which is committed into Your hands until that day. Keep us from falling o God, and when You return, receive us to spend all eternity with You. All this we pray in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts