Psalm 91:4b!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord… We thank God because we can find refuge under His wings; under His wings we can trust. We can find comfort, safety, strength, purpose, deliverance, health, under the shadow of His wings.

Primary Text: Psalm 91:4
“He shall cover thee with His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust: ...” Psalm 91v4 (KJV)

“[Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; …” Psalm 91v4 (AMP)

“He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you can hide...” Psalm 91v4 (NCV)

Boaz said of Ruth, “The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.” Ruth 2v12. Ruth is someone who decided to leave all that she had known, to follow her mother-in-law Naomi. She had said, your people will be my people …. Your God will be my God. The God of Israel was the God of Naomi. Putting ourselves under His wings, implies submitting ourselves to His care, His love, His guidance, protection, His strength, and His ways.

Supplementary Texts
“Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles’ wings, and brought you unto myself.” Exodus 19v4

“For the people of Israel belong to the LORD; Jacob is His special possession. He found them in a desert land, in an empty, howling wasteland. He surrounded them and watched over them; He guarded them as He would guard His own eyes. Like an eagle that rouses her chicks and hovers over her young, so He spread His wings to take them up and carried them safely on His pinions. The LORD alone guided them; they followed no foreign gods.” Deuteronomy 32v9-12 (NLT)

“Shew Thy marvellous lovingkindness, O Thou that savest by Thy right hand them which put their trust in Thee from those that rise up against them. Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of Thy wings, From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.” Psalm 17v7-9 (KJV)

“Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and Thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; Thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, Thou preservest man and beast. How excellent is Thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of Thy house; and Thou shalt make them drink of the river of Thy pleasures.” Psalm 36v5-8

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I thank You because I find refuge and I place my trust under Your wings, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts