When Danger (Trouble) Seems so Near

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. What do you do when the battle seems to be raging and trouble seems so near? Who do you turn to? Who do you rely on? We thank God for He is our salvation! The Almighty God is His name.

Primary Text: Psalm 27v1-3
“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.” Psalm 27v1-3

Hmm, as believers, we are faced with problems, and issues, and trouble, and all of that. In fact, the Bible says our adversary, the devil walketh about seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5v8). I find it interesting as we see in Psalm 27v2-3, that these attacks will come. The host will come, the war will rise, …. But in all of this, we need not be afraid, because God is our light and our salvation. In fact, Isaiah 41 talks about us not even seeing them anymore after a while. Hallelujah.

Supplementary Texts
“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice. Behold, all they who are enraged and inflamed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; they who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. You shall seek those who contend with you but shall not find them; they who war against you shall be as nothing, as nothing at all. For I the Lord your God hold your right hand; I am the Lord, Who says to you, Fear not; I will help you! Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel! I will help you, says the Lord; your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.” Isaiah 41v10-14 (AMP)

“I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” Psalm 27v12-14 (KJV)

“Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.” Psalm 23v4-5 (AMP)

“And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which He will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever.” Exodus 14v13

“Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.” 2 Chronicles 20v17

Prayer
Father, I thank You for You have won the battle. Hallowed be Your name forever more in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts