Preserving the Mind (3)


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah). “ 1 Thessalonians 5v23 (AMP)

The mind of man is very interesting, and can be used to come up with all sorts of imaginations, either good or bad. God would have us lean on Him and trust Him with our hearts and minds, Proverbs 3v5 (AMP) saying “Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.” We find that to an extent God moves to affect, influence and guard man’s mind from taking him away from Him, but if we choose to struggle against His heedings, instructions, promptings, and the truth, there might come a time when He removes the restraint from us. For example, Romans 1v21 & 28 (TLB) tells us “Yes, they knew about Him all right, but they wouldn’t admit it or worship Him or even thank Him for all His daily care. And after a while they began to think up silly ideas of what God was like and what He wanted them to do. The result was that their foolish minds became dark and confused… So it was that when they gave God up and would not even acknowledge Him, God gave them up to doing everything their evil minds could think of.” Of the Israelites it was written “But My people would not hearken to My voice, and Israel would have none of Me. So I gave them up to their own hearts’ lust and let them go after their own stubborn will, that they might follow their own counsels.” Psalm 81v11-12 (AMP). May we never give God up in Jesus name, amen.

Supplementary Text
“Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies….” Romans 1v25 (TLB)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Father, please help me never insist on my own way, but to trust in You totally with all my heart and mind. In any way You have left me to my own counsel, please forgive me and set me back on Your path in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts