Preserving our Will (2)


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“… and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah). “ 1 Thessalonians 5v23 (AMP)

In life, we get to know that will power enough cannot achieve all we want. A saying goes “If wishes were horses, beggars will ride.” We need to realize that even the strongest of wills can fail or might be unable to accomplish anything… if God doesn’t back them up. Romans 9v16 (KJV) tells us that “So then [God’s gift] is not a question of human will and human effort, but of God’s mercy. [It depends not on one’s own willingness nor on his strenuous exertion as in running a race, but on God’s having mercy on him.]” Psalm 75v5-7 (NIV) explicitly states that “Do not lift your horns against heaven; do not speak so defiantly.’” No one from the east or the west or from the desert can exalt themselves. It is God who judges: He brings one down, He exalts another.” Similarly, James 3v13-16 (TLB) says “Look here, you people who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to such and such a town, stay there a year, and open up a profitable business.” How do you know what is going to happen tomorrow? For the length of your lives is as uncertain as the morning fog – now you see it; soon it is gone. What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we shall live and do this or that.” Otherwise you will be bragging about your own plans, and such self-confidence never pleases God.” Ultimately therefore, we need to learn to surrender our wills to God as exemplified by our Lord Jesus Christ:

Supplementary Text
“And He went a little farther, and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, O My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from Me: nevertheless not as I will, but as Thou wilt.” Matthew 26v39 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I pray that in every area of my life, Thy will be done. I may not understand some things, but I say not as I will, but as You will, have Your way in my life, I surrender to You O Lord, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts