What’s your decision?


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
I set before thee life and death, therefore choose life that thou might live.


More and more I realize that life is about the choices and decisions that we make. God can come to you, people can speak to you and instruct you, but at the end of the day, it is up to you to make the decision about whether or not to heed or to scorn. Daniel 1v8 (KJV) says “But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king’s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.” The time has passed when we accuse others for the situation that we are in or give excuses for why things are not done. The question becomes, but what was your role in all of this? Didn’t you have a choice? Joseph fled from Potiphar’s wife, rather than sinning against God (Genesis 39v12). What decisions have you made? Remember, your actions have consequences, not only for now, but the future as well, for your children, for the life you live. Proverbs 29v1 (KJV) says “He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.”

Supplementary Text
My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments: For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck: write them upon the table of thine heart: So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel and marrow to thy bones.” Proverbs 3v1-7 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word this day and Your love for me. Please have mercy on me in anyway I have moved away from You and lived my own life, and forgive me. I acknowledge You today and ask that You be Lord over my life in Jesus name, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts