Preserving our Emotions


Hello everyone, 

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And may the God of peace Himself sanctify you through and through [separate you from profane things, make you pure and wholly consecrated to God]; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved sound and complete [and found] blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah). “ 1 Thessalonians 5v23 (AMP)

Our emotions are a part of our soul. An emotion can be described as “an affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced, as distinguished from cognitive and volitional states of consciousness” (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/emotion?s=t). Our emotions are sometimes a good indication of what we are going through and how it has affected us. 2 Samuel 18v33 (NLT) for example says “The king was overcome with emotion. He went up to the room over the gateway and burst into tears. And as he went, he cried, “O my son Absalom! My son, my son Absalom! If only I had died instead of you! O Absalom, my son, my son.” Whatever emotional state we are in, God is concerned about it, for He cares for you. Certain emotions should not be mentioned among believers and should be gotten rid off; Colossians 3v8 (TLB) saying “But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language.” Other things we need to exercise and put on:

Supplementary Text
“Since God chose you to be holy people He loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

Prayer
Father, I thank You. May my spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless till the day of Christ, and may I glorify You even with my emotions in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts