Are you a hypocrite?


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
Absalom then bought a magnificent chariot and chariot horses, and hired fifty footmen to run ahead of him. He got up early every morning and went out to the gate of the city; and when anyone came to bring a case to the king for trial, Absalom called him over and expressed interest in his problem. He would say, “I can see that you are right in this matter; it’s unfortunate that the king doesn’t have anyone to assist him in hearing these cases. I surely wish I were the judge; then anyone with a lawsuit could come to me, and I would give him justice!” And when anyone came to bow to him, Absalom wouldn’t let him, but shook his hand instead! So in this way Absalom stole the hearts of all the people of Israel. After four years, Absalom said to the king, “Let me go to Hebron to sacrifice to the Lord in fulfillment of a vow I made to him while I was at Geshur—that if he would bring me back to Jerusalem, I would sacrifice to him.”“All right,” the king told him, “go and fulfill your vow.” So Absalom went to Hebron. But while he was there, he sent spies to every part of Israel to incite rebellion against the king. “As soon as you hear the trumpets,” his message read, “you will know that Absalom has been crowned in Hebron.”” 2 Samuel 15v1-10 (TLB)

Beloved, who are you when no one is watching? Are you one who wears many masks? You pretend to be one person but yet have a different agenda. Absalom had a double life, was David’s son, yet went and schemed against him. Are you one way with your parents, and another way with your friends? Are you one way in church on Sunday, and another way from Monday to early Sunday morning when you come back late from the club? Are you living a double life? Samson had a double life – a judge of Israel powerfully used of God on the one hand, and on the other hand, one who kept falling for women who were not even in the fold of Israel. Our God is constant in His ways. Let us endeavour to be like Him.

Supplementary Text
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13v8 (NIV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Please help me to be a person of truth, integrity and character in Jesus name, amen. 

Comments

Popular Posts