The Responsibility to Speak


Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman’s hand. So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.” Ezekiel 33v6-8 (KJV)

Beloved, as believers we have a responsibility to speak, and to speak the truth. We see examples of those in the Bible who spoke peace to the people of God, when God was actually upset with them. Ezekiel 13v16 (TLB) saying “For they were lying prophets, claiming Jerusalem will have peace when there is no peace,” says the Lord God” while Ezekiel 13v8-9 (KJV) says “Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Because ye have spoken vanity, and seen lies, therefore, behold, I am against you, saith the Lord GOD. And Mine hand shall be upon the prophets that see vanity, and that divine lies: they shall not be in the assembly of My people, neither shall they be written in the writing of the house of Israel, neither shall they enter into the land of Israel; and ye shall know that I am the Lord GOD.” Beloved, you might be in a position of leadership, have a sphere of influence, as a parent, friend, leader in one sphere or the other, and the question is are you speaking the truth to those within your sphere of influence? Parents, do you speak the truth to your children about the way in which they are going? Pastors, preachers, shepherds, are you speaking peace when there is no peace?

Supplementary Text
“A lying tongue hates those it wounds and crushes, and a flattering mouth works ruin.” Proverbs 26v28 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, please forgive me for every lie and flattery I have involved myself in, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts