As a child

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“My heart is not proud, LORD, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me. But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content. Israel, put your hope in the LORD both now and forevermore.” Psalm 103 v1-3 (NIV)

Today, I held in my hands a baby girl, about 4 months of age, and I thought to myself, how trusting she was, and how dependent on others. Not long afterwards, a baby boy next to me was fussing and crying because he was hungry, and the milk that was fed to him was not enough, so he wanted some more. Children need the love, care and admonition of their parents, and look to them for it. Sometimes, children end up being abused. But, we have a Father who loves us and cares for us – we can rest in Him, trust in Him and rely on Him. Beloved, we need to get to the point of trusting and relying on God, like a child. Quit fretting. Be secure in Him, in His promises, in His salvation and in the finished work of Jesus. Luke 18v17 (AMP) says “Truly I say to you, whoever does not accept and receive and welcome the kingdom of God like a little child [does] shall not in any way enter it [at all].” While Matthew 18v3-4 (AMP) says “And said, Truly I say to you, unless you repent (change, turn about) and become like little children [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving], you can never enter the kingdom of heaven [at all]. Whoever will humble himself therefore and become like this little child [trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving] is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.”

Supplementary Text
“Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46v1 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, we thank You for being a great and loving Father. We rest in You this day. We commit into Your hands our lives and our times, and say Father, take control. We depend on You and rely on You. We quit fretting and come to You as a child. Be glorified in and through us o God, in Jesus name we pray, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts