Believe and See

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?” John 11v40 (KJV)

Jesus spoke the above words to Martha, the sister of Lazarus whom Jesus raised from the dead. Prior to this, Jesus and Martha had a conversation that is recorded thus in John 11v21-27  (KJV): “Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if Thou hadst been here, my brother had not died. But I know, that even now, whatsoever Thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee. Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again. Martha saith unto Him, I know that He shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though He were dead, yet shall he live: And whosever liveth and believeth in Me shall never die. Believest thou this? She saith unto Him, Yea, Lord: I believe that Thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.” Beloved, what conversation are you having with the Lord today? Perhaps you believe in Him and know He is all powerful, able to do all things, but perhaps He is speaking one thing to you which seems impossible and like Martha you are saying, I believe Lord but it is not for now, perhaps for another time; when we are all resurrected. What conversation are you having with the Lord today, whether consciously or unconsciously? Do you really believe Him? Or like Sarah (who was very old and past the childbearing age and the Lord said she would have a child), you are laughing and thinking yeah right, not in the condition that I am in. And like He responded to Sarah, He may be saying:

Supplementary Text
“Is any thing too hard for the LORD? …” Genesis 18v14 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. I ask for forgiveness for every unbelief, and I take You at Your Word. I thank You because with You nothing shall be impossible. I put my trust in You and believe You to perfect that which concerneth me. I thank You because Your promises are yea and amen in Christ Jesus. Thank You because You will bring to pass that which You have promised me. I pray all this in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts