Thanksgiving

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].” 1 Thessalonians 5v18 (AMP)

One of the things God will have us do is to give thanks. Thanksgiving that is not dependent on our mood, what we have or don’t have, but because of who He is. The Psalmist said, “I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt His name together” (Psalm 34v1-3, KJV). There is so much to thank God for. Every single day we see His hands of mercy, love, compassion and how He takes care of even the littlest of things. Exceeding gratitude is also to be given for the fact that He has lavished so much love on us, drawn us to Himself, sent His Son to die for us, called us His own and given us His Holy Spirit. How wonderful it is to call upon His strength, mercy and grace and to cry out to Him each time we are in trouble, for He is a very present help in trouble (Psalm 46v1). How awesome it is that we do not need to fret about things but we can pray to Him about everything, not forgetting to thank Him for the answers (Philippians 4v6). Indeed, “O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endureth forever!” (1 Chronicles 16v34, AMP).  

Supplementary Text
 “I bless the holy name of God with all my heart. Yes, I will bless the Lord and not forget the glorious things He does for me. He forgives all my sins. He heals me. He ransoms me from hell. He surrounds me with loving-kindness and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things! My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! He gives justice to all who are treated unfairly. He revealed His will and nature to Moses and the people of Israel. He is merciful and tender toward those who don’t deserve it; He is slow to get angry and full of kindness and love.” Psalm 103v1-8 (TLB).

Prayer
Why don’t you go ahead and give thanks to the Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts