His Plans

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Today’s encouragement comes from a verse many of us are familiar with which says:

Primary Text
“For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.” Jeremiah 29v11 (AMP)

This verse is a comfort to us as believers to know that God has a plan for our lives, He is in control. The verse prior to this gives us insight to the fact that God spoke these words of prophesy to the children of Israel at a time when they were in exile, and He reassured them that after a certain time, He will visit them and perform His good word for them. Even for us now, sometimes the situation around us may not look very pleasant. Like Abraham, we might be holding on to a promise that seems long in being fulfilled. However, we can be assured that God is in control and He is working. Romans 8v28 (KJV) says “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.” Moreover Ephesians 2v10 (AMP) tells us that “For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].” David had the testimony that he fulfilled God’s purpose in his generation, and I pray that will be our testimony as well.

Supplementary Text
“For David, after he had served God’s will and purpose and counsel in his own generation, fell asleep [in death] and was buried among his forefathers, and he did see corruption and undergo putrefaction and dissolution [of the grave].” Acts 13v36 (AMP)

Prayer
Father I thank You for this day. I thank You because You have a plan for my life. I pray that I will fulfill Your purpose in my generation. I pray Your will be done in my life. I pray You will show me Your ways, teach me Your paths, guide me in Your truth and lead me in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts