Knock, knock

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“I slept but my heart was awake. Listen! My beloved is knocking: “Open to me, my sister, my darling, my dove, my flawless one. My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.” I have taken off my robe – must I put it on again? I have washed my feet – must I soil them again? My beloved thrust his hand through the latch – opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my beloved, and my hands dripped with myrrh, my fingers with flowing myrrh, on the handles of the bolt. I opened for my beloved, but my beloved had left; he was gone. My heart sank at his departure. I looked for him but did not find him. I called him but he did not answer.” Song of Solomon 5v2-6 (NIV)

Have you ever felt the feeling of come away for a bit into My presence, come and find out more about Me, come and seek My face, come and pray just a little while, or stay with Me a little while longer… And like the young woman above you begin to have excuses, one of the most popular being, I feel so sleepy! Or, I have work tomorrow, I am tired, how can I leave here with no one noticing e.t.c. And then before you know it, the time for that fellowship is passed because your family is back, its time for work, it’s time to go out e.t.c. May God grant us the grace to respond when He beckons at us to open up for Him. Psalm 27v8 (KJV) says “When Thou saidst, Seek ye My face; my heart said unto Thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.” May our hearts always reach out to seek the Lord. Will you be one of those who will respond to His call? Psalm 14v2 (AMP) says “The Lord looked down from heaven upon the children of men to see if there were any who understood, dealt wisely, and sought after God, inquiring for and of Him and requiring Him [of vital necessity].”

Supplementary Text
“Look! I have been standing at the door, and I am constantly knocking. If anyone hears Me calling him and opens the door, I will come in and fellowship with him and he with Me.” Revelations 3v20 (TLB)

Prayer
Lord, we thank You for You love us and desire us to spend time with You. May we of a necessity seek You and open the door to You when You knock in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts