His Word/their word

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“To subvert a man in his cause – [of these things] the Lord does not approve. Who is he who speaks and it comes to pass, if the Lord has not authorized and commanded it?” Lamentations 3v36-37 (AMP)

There is a difference between the Word of the Lord and the words of our adversary. On the one hand we have the devil who is our adversary, who has come to steal, to kill and to destroy (John 10v10). The manifestation of his acts can be seen in different forms. One form of it might be contentions and adversarial situations that people bring along. For example we see Haman who had an issue with Mordecai the Jew deciding to annihilate all the Jews in the kingdom. Or the three Hebrew children being asked to bow down to the image of the king and because they did not, they threw them into the fiery furnace. Regardless of whatever adversity might come our way, we have the victory in our God… The enemy may raise his voice and declare one thing, but it is that which the Lord has authorized and commanded that will come to pass. Pharaoh said he will not let the children of Israel go. At the end of the day the latter’s testimony read as follows: “The enemy said, I will pursue, I will overtake, I will divide the spoil; my lust shall be satisfied upon them; I will draw my sword, my hand shall destroy them. Thou didst blow with Thy wind, the sea covered them: they sank as lead in the mighty waters. Who is like unto Thee, O LORD, among the gods? who is like Thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?” (Exodus 15v9-11, KJV).

Supplementary Text
“Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth rise up and the rulers band together against the LORD and against His anointed, saying, “Let us break their chains and throw off their shackles.” The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them. He rebukes them in His anger and terrifies them in His wrath, saying, “I have installed My King on Zion, My holy mountain.” Psalm 2v1-6 (NIV)

Prayer
Almighty God I thank You for Your hand of mercy and deliverance. Thank You for fighting for us, being for us and the assurance of victory in You in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts