Certainly I will be with you

Hello everyone,

How are you doing today? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“Now therefore, behold, the cry of the children of Israel is come unto Me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them. Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth My people the children of Israel out of Egypt. And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? And He said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.” Exodus 3v9-12 (KJV)

What a great task laid before Moses. I can imagine a scenario whereby when God was telling him of the oppression that the children of Israel, and how He wanted to deliver them, Moses is agreeing with God. He might have even been quite pleased because He too had been there and knew what God was talking about. And then the Almighty God says and the man for the job is you. Sorry, what? No, no, no, no, no. Then came the many questions and reasons why he might not have been the best for the job (see Exodus 4&5). Beloved, what is that “who am I that” you are presenting before the Lord? Remember His response to Moses (and to Jeremiah) – certainly, I will be with you.   

Supplementary Text
“Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.” Jeremiah 1v4-8 (KJV)

Prayer
Father, we thank You for the assurance of Your presence with us for all that You have called us to do and to be. We thank You Holy Spirit for You are our Helper. Thank You Lord in Jesus name we pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts