The Holy Spirit and Prayer

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“And in the same way – by our faith – the Holy Spirit helps us with our daily problems and in our praying. For we don’t even know what we should pray for nor how to pray as we should, but the Holy Spirit prays for us with such feeling that it cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows, of course, what the Spirit is saying as He pleads for us in harmony with God’s own will.” Romans 8v26-27 (TLB)

The Holy Spirit is our Helper, and one way in which He helps us is with our prayer life. As the verse above notes, we don’t know how we should pray as we ought, but the Holy Spirit can help us pray right and pray according to the will of God. I don’t know if you have ever been praying and a very appropriate scripture comes to mind. The Holy Spirit helps with that. John 14v26 (AMP) says “But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you.” Another wonderful gift the believer has in the place of prayer is that of praying in tongues or in the Spirit. When we pray in tongues, we speak to God in a language that others (most times even ourselves, except by the gift of interpretation of tongues) do not understand; and we build/edify ourselves (1 Corinthians 14v2,4). While the Apostle Paul commented on him rather praying with understanding in church, so that he could teach others he did mention in the preceding verse that “I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:” (1 Corinthians 14v18, KJV). It is therefore something to be sought and cultivated.

Supplementary Text
“Then what am I to do? I will pray with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will also pray [intelligently] with my mind and understanding; I will sing with my spirit [by the Holy Spirit that is within me], but I will sing [intelligently] with my mind and understanding also.” 1 Corinthians 14v15 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Spirit with me and in me. Holy Spirit, I ask that You help my prayer life in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts