The Holy Spirit and our Lord Jesus

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him.” Acts 10v38 (KJV)

The Holy Spirit plays a central role in the life of believers, as we see He did in that of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. For example, we see the Holy Ghost coming upon Him when He was baptized: “Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art My beloved Son; in Thee I am well pleased” (Luke 3v21-22, KJV). We also see Him being led by the Spirit to be tempted: “Then Jesus, full of and controlled by the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led in [by] the [Holy] Spirit For (during) forty days in the wilderness (desert), where He was tempted (tried, tested exceedingly) by the devil…” (Luke 4v1-2, AMP). Luke 4v17-19 (TLB) records that “The book of Isaiah the prophet was handed to Him, and He opened it to the place where it says: “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me; He has appointed Me to preach Good News to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted and to announce that captives shall be released and the blind shall see, that the downtrodden shall be freed from their oppressors, and that God is ready to give blessings to all who come to Him.” The same Spirit of Christ Who directed Him and empowered Him is now at work in the life of believers. Our Lord Jesus said before He left:

Supplementary Text
“However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you].” John 16v7 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for the Spirit of God. Holy Spirit of God, I want to know You more. I desire a close fellowship with You. Reveal Yourself to me in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts