Worthy of the Vocation

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for calling us to be His own. We are God’s own people, His chosen ones; and we should walk worthy of that calling. One quote I like is why are you trying to fit in when you have been born to stand out?

Primary Text – Ephesians 4v1
“I THEREFORE, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,” Ephesians 4v1 (KJV)

“As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.” Ephesians 4v1 (NIV)

“I THEREFORE, the prisoner for the Lord, appeal to and beg you to walk (lead a life) worthy of the [divine] calling to which you have been called [with behavior that is a credit to the summons to God’s service,” Ephesians 4v1 (AMP)

As a believer, we are expected to walk in a certain way, in a way that would glorify God. Have you ever heard or had cause to say – and he or she calls himself or herself a Christian? That means, that person was falling below a certain expected standard. Paul, calls himself the prisoner of the Lord. In a way, he was qualified to make this appeal to the believers. It was not as though he was lounging somewhere and yet expected others to be doing something else.

Supplementary Texts
“Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe: As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children, That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you into His kingdom and glory.” 1 Thessalonians 2v10-12

“Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.” 1 Timothy 4v12

We can see different areas in which we can live exemplary lives, or lives worthy of our calling. First, how are the words that you speak? Do they edify, uplift, are they full of grace? How is your conversation? How are you in matters of charity? How is your spirit? How is your faith? Are you holding fast to the profession of your faith? How are you in matters of purity – in mind, body, spirit? Let us endeavour to live lives that are worthy of the vocation we have been called.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, we thank You for Your Word. Father, in anyway I have been living a life that does not glorify You or is not worthy of the vocation to which I have been called, please have mercy on me and forgive me in Jesus name, amen. I pray for the grace to walk forever worthy of, and conscious of the vocation to which You have called me in Jesus name, amen. I thank You because I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts