Protecting the Promise

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text: Psalm 105v13-14
“I will give you the land of Canaan as your special possession.” He said this when they were few in number, a tiny group of strangers in Canaan.” Psalm 105v11-12 (NLT)

Our God works all things according to the counsel of His will (Ephesians 1v11). When God promises something, there are sometimes many adversaries to its actualization. Some of it could be through our own actions, and others just because the enemy doesn’t want it to happen. But God is a faithful God, and committed to the end. God had given Abraham a promise, which would continue to his descendants after him. But for a long time, Abraham had no child. Now, despite mistakes Abraham made on the way, God still ensured the promise came to pass. For instance, we see where he went on to have a child Ishmael with Hagai, Sarai’s concubine, after heeding to Sarai’s counsel (Genesis 16). But Ishamael was not the seed God had promised him. Another time, in Genesis 20 we see out of fear, he told Sarah to say she was his sister, and then king Abimelech of Gerar sent for her. God intervened, telling Abimelech in a dream that “You are a dead man, for that woman you have taken is already married!” (v3, NLT). Now, its not that we act as we like, because God is keeping us or committed to keeping His promise, but we can appreciate the kindness and omnipotence of God of being able to make all things work together for the good of those who love Him and are the called according to His purpose (Romans 8v28). Hallelujah.

Supplementary Text:
‘See, I have this day appointed you to the oversight of the nations and of the kingdoms to root out and pull down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant. Moreover, the word of the Lord came to me, saying, Jeremiah, what do you see? And I said, I see a branch or shoot of an almond tree [the emblem of alertness and activity, blossoming in late winter]. Then said the Lord to me, You have seen well, for I am alert and active, watching over My word to perform it.” Jeremiah 1v10-12 (AMP).

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word. Thank You for being mindful of us. Father, in anyway I have taken matters into my hands, tried to help You, or “messed things up”, please have mercy and intervene. Fulfill Your purposes in my life in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts