Not In Vain (2)

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text: Malachi 3v16-18
Then those who feared the LORD talked with each other, and the LORD listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in His presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honored His name. “On the day when I act,” says the LORD Almighty, “they will be My treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him. And you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.” Malachi 3v16-18 (NIV)

Our God listens and He hears. The Bible tells us that “The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are attentive unto their cry.” (Psalm 34v15). Malachi 3v13-15 spoke about those who began to say it was in vain that they were serving God, and that the evildoers prospered and got away with putting God to the test. But here, God speaks of the book of remembrance that is open for those who fear Him, and honor His name; and the day when He will act, and you will again see the distinction between the righteous and the wicked, and those who serve God and those who do not. Beloved, hold on. Your serving God and walking uprightly is not in vain. The Bible says that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11v6).

Supplementary Text:
“I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people if Israel to seek Me if I could not be found. I, the LORD, speak only what is true and declare only what is right.” Isaiah 45v19 (NLT)

“Sing for joy, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth, and break forth into singing, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted His people and will have compassion upon His afflicted. But Zion [Jerusalem, her people as seen in captivity] said, The Lord has forsaken me, and my Lord has forgotten me. [And the Lord answered] Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yes, they may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of each of My hands; [O Zion] your walls are continually before Me.” Isaiah 49v13-16 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for Your Word this day. I thank You for it is not in vain that I serve You. I ask for strength and grace to run this race to the end in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts