A Famine

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Famine is a time when food supplies dry up. In the world today, we still have famines. But, even in famine, God can keep His own.

Primary Text: Psalm 105v16
“Moreover, He called for a famine upon the land [of Egypt]; He cut off every source of bread.” Psalm 105v16 (KJV)

But the Psalmist writes “I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread” (Psalm 37v25). Hallelujah. God can take care of the needs of His children in many ways, which you yourself may be able to attest to by now. The children of Israel were given manna (Exodus 16). Elijah for instance was fed first by the ravens, and then by a widow of Zarephath (1 Kings 17). We see Isaac, remaining in a land where there was famine, upon the Lord’s instruction, and sowing at that time, and reaping a hundred fold, because God blessed him.

Supplementary Text:
“A severe famine now struck the land, as had happened before in Abraham’s time. So Isaac moved to Gerar, where Abimelech, king of the Philistines, lived. The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, “Do not go down to Egypt, but do as I tell you. Live here as a foreigner in this land, and I will be with you and bless you. I hereby confirm that I will give all these lands to you and your descendants, just as I solemnly promised Abraham, your father. I will cause your descendants to become as numerous as the stars of the sky, and I will give them all these lands. And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed. I will do this because Abraham listened to me and obeyed all my requirements, commands, decrees, and instructions.” So Isaac stayed in Gerar…. When Isaac planted his crops that year, he harvested a hundred times more grain than he planted, for the LORD blessed him. He became a very rich man, and his wealth continued to grow. He acquired so many flocks of sheep and goats, herds of cattle, and servants that the Philistines became jealous of him.” Genesis 26v1-6, 12-14 (NLT).

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word this day. Thank You for being my Provider, my Shepherd, my King and my Lord in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts