Looking Ahead

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text: Psalm 105v16-17
“Moreover, He called for a famine upon the land [of Egypt]; He cut off every source of bread. He sent a man before them, even Joseph, who was sold as a servant:” Psalm 105v16-17 (AMP)

When Joseph, dearly loved of his father, found himself in a position of slavery, many thoughts could have run into his mind – Why me? How did I end up in this situation? Didn’t I have dreams of grandeur that my family would bow to me? Esther was another person who found herself getting married to a king. Nice as it may to be the queen, that particular setting may not have been what her childhood dreams have entailed of. But in retrospect we can see that they were both in these situations there was a “such a time as this” (Esther 4v14) happening, for God had a plan. God had a purpose. God was in control. The Bible says - “We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.” Romans 8v28 (AMP). In every situation you find yourself, even adverse ones, ask, God, what would You have me do? Don’t turn your back on Him, continuing relying on Him, and may you see the purpose for all of it at the end of the day.

Supplementary Text:
“But now, do not be distressed and disheartened or vexed and angry with yourselves because you sold me here, for God sent me ahead of you to preserve life.” Genesis 45v5 (AMP)

“As for you, you through evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring about that many people should be kept alive, as they are this day. Now therefore, do not be afraid. I will provide for and support you and your little ones. And he comforted them [impairing cheer, hope, strength] and spoke to their hearts [kindly].” Genesis 50v20-21 (AMP)

Prayer
Father, we thank You for Your Word this day. I yield to Your plan, Your purposes, Your will in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts