Giving our lives

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“We loved you dearly – so dearly that we gave you not only God’s message, but our own lives too.” 1 Thessalonians 2v8 (TLB)

The idea of giving of one’s life as mentioned here is seen in other contexts in Scripture. To the church in Corinth, Paul expressed the desire of being spent for them, but also wanting not their money, but they themselves: “Now I am coming to you again, the third time; and it is still not going to cost you anything, for I don’t want your money. I want you! And anyway, you are my children, and little children don’t pay for their father’s and mother’s food – it’s the other way around; parents supply food for their children. I am glad to give you myself and all I have for your spiritual good, even though it seems that the more I love you, the less you love me.” Our Lord Jesus mentioned and demonstrated that “No one has greater love [no one has shown stronger affection] than to lay down (give up) His own life for his friends” (John 15v13, AMP). He laid down His life for us. And we are later encouraged to do the same for others in 1 John 3v16 (KJV) which says “Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down His life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.“ Some may say but I give my money, my time, my treasure, my talent to God… and most times this is indicative of the love one might have for another. But the true question is does He have your heart? Are you doing it willingly or grudgingly? Does He have your life? Are you giving of yourself to others? Are you serving Him the way He would have you to, or are you living as you please.

Supplementary Text
“My son, give me your heart and let your eyes observe and delight in my ways,” Proverbs 23v26 (AMP)

Prayer
Father we thank You for Your Word. Father today we give You our hearts and lives, our everything and ask that You use it for Your glory in Jesus name, amen.


Comments

Popular Posts