Our testimony

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“You are witnesses [yes] and God [also], how unworldly and upright and blameless was our behavior toward you believers [who adhered to and trusted in and relied on our Lord Jesus Christ].” 1 Thessalonians 2v10 (AMP)

Beloved, what is the testimony that you have before God and man about the way you are living your life? On the one hand, man is limited in how much they can really know you. But at least, you have a testimony before them to the best of their knowledge. In addition, what does the Lord have to say about you? To the church in Thessalonica, the writers of the above verse were able to say you are witnesses, you can testify of the way we lived our lives among you. We were unworldly, upright and blameless towards you. There are those who are Christians, but it seems it is only by name. Paul in Philippians 3v17-20 (TLB) writes “Dear brothers, pattern your lives after mine, and notice who else lives up to my example. For I have told you often before, and I say it again now with tears in my eyes, there are many who walk along the Christian road who are really enemies of the cross of Christ. Their future is eternal loss, for their god is their appetite: they are proud of what they should be ashamed of; and all they think about is this life here on earth. But our homeland is in heaven, where our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, is; and we are looking forward to His return from there.” Beloved, what kind of Christian are you walking on the Christian road? Are you earthly-minded or heavenly-minded? Are you continually renewing your mind so that it conforms to things of God (Romans 12v1-2) and putting to death the deeds of the flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit?

Supplementary Text
“And those who belong to Christ Jesus (the Messiah) have crucified the flesh (the godless human nature) with its passions and appetites and desires. If we live by the [Holy] Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. [If by the Holy Spirit we have our life in God, let us go forward walking in line, our conduct controlled by the Spirit.]” Galatians 5v24-25 (AMP)

Prayer
Father I thank You for the salvation of my soul. I repent of anyway I have lived my life as the enemy of the cross. Spirit of God I submit to You to conform me to the image of Christ and let the Father be glorified in and through me in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts