Are you trustworthy?

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. Beloved, we trust in God, but can God trust you?

Primary Text
“For we speak as messengers from God, trusted by Him to tell the truth;…” 1 Thessalonians 2v4 (TLB)

Beloved, what is your testimony before God? In the text above, the apostle Paul writes that they were trusted by God to tell the truth, that is the Good News. Can we be trusted by God to relate the truth of His Word, without compromising it, being deceitful, or doing it just because of our own gains? Can we be trusted to see a mission through to completion? On Sunday last week a brother gave an exhortation about Kingdom soldiers, which we all are, with one mark of the soldier is obedience. Are we obedient to the Word of God? I was reminded of the character of Jack Bauer in the series 24 who was usually depended on by the various presidents to get a mission accomplished. He would tell them the truth of the situation and try as much as possible to finish the task at hand. The question then is does God know you? Can He trust you? If He is looking for someone to send, can He send you? Of Abraham, God said “And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham [My friend and servant] what I am going to do, Since Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed through him and shall bless themselves by him? For I have known (chosen, acknowledged) him [as My own], so that he may teach and command his children and the sons of his house after him to keep the way of the Lord and to do what is just and righteous, so that the Lord may bring Abraham what He has promised him.” (Genesis 18v17-19, AMP). David’s testimony with God was also great, Acts 13v22 (AMP) telling us that “And when He had deposed him, He raised up David to be their king; of him He bore witness and said, I have found David son of Jesse a man after My own heart, who will do all My will and carry out My program fully.”  

Supplementary Text
“The One who sent Me is with Me; He has not left Me alone, for I always do what pleases Him.” John 8v29 (NIV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You. I pray for the grace to always please You and do Your total will in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts