A cloke of covetousness

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness:” 1 Thessalonians 2v5 (KJV)

As believers and ministers of the gospel, we need to be careful to keep our intents for sharing the Good News pure. We should be careful that it is never used as a front for financial gain or for glory. While Scripture clearly shows that ministers should be taken care of, for example we see in the case of the Levites, and also where Paul says (if we have ministered to your physical needs is it too much), yet, that must not be the intent for participating in the work of God. The Lord said, “As you go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand! Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, drive out demons. Freely (without pay) you have received, freely (without charge) give.” (Matthews 10v7-8, AMP) In 2 Peter 5v1-4, the apostle Peter exhorts the shepherds saying:  

Supplementary Text
I warn and counsel the elders among you (the pastors and spiritual guides of the church) as a fellow elder and as an eyewitness [called to testify] of the sufferings of Christ, as well as a sharer in the glory (the honor and splendor) that is to be revealed (disclosed, unfolded): Tend (nurture, guard, guide, and fold) the flock of God that is [your responsibility], not by coercion or constraint, but willingly; not dishonorably motivated by the advantages and profits [belonging to the office], but eagerly and cheerfully; Not domineering [as arrogant, dictatorial, and overbearing persons] over those in your charge, but being examples (patterns and models of Christian living) to the flock (the congregation).” 1 Peter 5v1-3 (AMP)

Prayer
My Lord and my God, You are the One who knows the intents of every heart. Please search my heart. Expose every wrong and selfish motive. I repent of it and I ask that I would do all things for the glory of Your name. Thank You because You are my Provider and Your grace is more than sufficient for me. I thank You for this in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts