A God-given honour

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 2v6 (KJV)

In the verse above, the writer expresses the fact that they did not seek glory from the people of Thessalonica. Our Lord Jesus Himself said “I receive not honour from men.” John 5v41 (KJV). This is real insight for we know that “When someone boasts about himself and how well he has done, it doesn’t count for much. But when the Lord commends him, that’s different” (2 Corinthians 10v18, TLB). Oh, what a joy it is to hear from the Lord Himself saying, thou good and faithful servant. Indeed, the same people who might flatter you today, might tomorrow say crucify him! God’s approval is what we need. King Saul was someone who put the approval of man before that of God, and at the end of the day He lost God’s approval. Let’s seek to first ensure that we are approved of God. He is the One whose honour, approval, promotion counts and lasts.

Supplementary Text
“Why did you not obey the Lord? Why did you pounce on the plunder and do evil in the eyes of the LORD?” “But I did obey the LORD,” Saul said. “I went on the mission the LORD assigned me. I completely destroyed the Amalekites and brought back Agag their king. The soldiers took sheep and cattle from the plunder, the best of what was devoted to God, in order to sacrifice them to the LORD your God at Gilgal.” But Samuel replied: “Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the LORD, He has rejected you as king.” Then Saul said to Samuel, “I have sinned. I violated the LORD’s command and your instructions. I was afraid of the men and so I gave in to them.” 1 Samuel 15v19-25 (NIV)

Prayer

Father, I thank You so much for this day. My God I pray that in anyway I have put the approval of men before You, forgive me Lord. It is Your approval I seek Lord and I pray for the grace to always do that in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts