Rehoboth!

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord.

Primary Text
“You know, brothers and sisters, that our visit to you was not without results. We had previously suffered and been treated outrageously in Philippi, as you know, but with the help of our God we dared to tell you His gospel in the face of strong opposition.” 1 Thessalonians 2v1-2 (NIV)

Sometimes, it is hard to try again in a place where we have “failed”, faced oppositions, or were hurt. But with the help of God, we can prevail. Though the apostle Paul and others faced opposition in Philippi, by the help of God they were able to still tell those in Thessalonica about the gospel. Beloved, what is it in the past that is keeping you from moving forward, from trying again, from fulfilling God’s purpose for your life? Let God help you move beyond the hurt, pain, failure, oppression, and rejection. 2 Corinthians 12v8-10 (NLT) says “Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time He said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” God is able to give us the grace to move on from places of challenges, opposition, frustration, and hurt to our Rehoboth – a place of rest.

Supplementary Text
“Then Abimelek said to Isaac, “Move away from us; you have become too powerful for us. So Isaac moved away from there and encamped in the Valley of Gerar, where he settled. Isaac reopened the wells that had been dug in the time of his father Abraham, which the Philistines had stopped up after Abraham died, and he gave them the same names his father had given them. Isaac’s servants dug in the valley and discovered a well of fresh water there. But the herders of Gerar quarreled with those of Isaac and said, “The water is ours!” So he named the well Esek, because they disputed with him. Then they dug another well, but they quarreled over that one also; so he named it Sitnah. He moved on from there and dug another well, and no one quarreled over it. He named it Rehoboth, saying, “Now the Lord has given us room and we will flourish in the land.” Genesis 26v16 – (NIV)

Prayer
Father, I thank You for walking with me through every phase of my life. I pray for healing from past hurts and oppositions and pray that Your will grant me the grace to reach the Rehoboth You have for me, in Jesus name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts