Father, my Father

Hello everyone,

How are you doing on this day? I hope well and bubbling in the Lord. We thank God for He is our Father. We have a Father, a heavenly Father, who loves us.

Primary Text
“You pray to God and call Him Father,…” 1 Peter 1v17 (NCV)

We are children of God. I got caught up with the verse that refers to Adam as the son of God (Luke 3v28), thinking if Adam was the son of God, then we could say God is our great, great, great ….. Father. But then, it doesn’t really work like that. We know that after eating of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, man died (Genesis 2v17), albeit not a physical one, but spiritually. You know, Adam died in this sense before he even had children. I have heard it said that God doesn’t have grand sons, just sons, and I am glad for it! You are a child of God, not a grand child or a son-in-law of God. Jesus came to bring life; eternal life being to know, the one and only true God, and Jesus whom He sent (John 17v3). John 1v12-13, speaking of Jesus says “But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name -- Who owe their birth neither to bloods nor to the will of the flesh [that of physical impulse] nor to the will of man [that of a natural father], but to God. [They are born of God!]” How wonderful that God wanted us for His own children. He could have chosen any other type of relationship. For instance, yes He is our King, our Saviour, our Lord, our Master, our Redeemer. But He is also our Father. Galatians 4v28 (AMP) says “But we, brethren, are children [not by physical descent, as was Ishmael, but] like Isaac, born in virtue of promise.” However, we become children of God, when we believe in and receive the Lord Jesus Christ. Afterward, we are giving the Spirit of God. So we become born again. Are you a child of God?

Supplementary Text
“For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3v26 (KJV)

Father, my Father, thank You for making me Your child in Jesus name, amen.

Perhaps you are not yet a child of God, you have never believed on and received the Lord Jesus. You are missing out big time, not only in this life, but even in that to come. The Bible says:

“That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” Romans 10v9-10

You can say this prayer: Heavenly Father, I come to You today, confessing that I am a sinner. I am sorry for all that I have done and ask that You forgive me for all of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Lord Jesus, I ask that You be Lord and Saviour over my life. I believe that You came to die for my sins, and that God raised You from the dead. Thank You Father for translating me out of the kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of Your dear Son. Thank You for sealing me with Your Holy Spirit of promise. Please keep me till the end in You, and may Your Name alone be glorified in my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.
If you said this prayer today, know that you are now a child of God and that there is much jubilation in heaven because of you. Begin to attend a Bible-believing church, and keep the faith! Welcome into God’s family.

Comments

Popular Posts